Wednesday, August 22, 2012

New additions

After a long wait...and I mean long.  We have added two new additions to our family.  We had been having a lot of car trouble for quite a while, and in March we finally decided to get Doug a reliable car.  Since Doug drives 80 miles three times a week, he desperately needed something that we didn't have to worry about.  The pictures that I took were done in the garage since it is raining like mad here today.  So here you go...Doug's baby:

 

Doug absolutely loves this car.  It's his "Dream Car."  Too bad it couldn't have been brand new!  Anyway, it's a 2007 Lexus IS 250.  And I have to say it's really nice and really fun to drive.  But as nice as it is, it is not a family car.  It may have four doors, but the poor boys are squished in the back seat!

So now that Doug got his car, I got to drive the Altima. I would have driven the Rodeo since it's an SUV, but the Rodeo was in the shop and they wanted more to fix it than it was worth.  The only thing with the Altima is that the reliability factor was not there, it stuttered and it had no air conditioning and we were always wondering how much longer we could handle it...being that it had been in the 110s-120s. 

So finally, two weeks ago, the check engine light came on in the Altima and I'd had enough.  Preston and I headed straight for the only car dealership in town.  And with a friend's help, we traded both the Altima and the Rodeo in for this:


It's a 2010 Ford Escape and I love it!  Plus, the best thing about it, besides it's completely reliable, is it has air conditioning!  I didn't care what car I came off the lot with as long as it had air!  I have to say that I have missed having an SUV.  I won't go back to a car if I can help it! 

So there you go.  The two new additions to the Giles family!  I hope you've all had a great Wednesday.  I'm going to go sit on the couch next to my hubby with a good book in hand and enjoy the rain! 

No comments: